Do you have any symptoms of estrogen dominance? They may include:
- Irregular Periods
- Fibroids & Ovarian Cysts/PCOS
- Breast Lumps
- Thyroid Nodules
- Mood swings
What can you do about it?
One way to tackle estrogen dominance is to avoid xenoestrogens. Xenoestrogens are a type of xenohormone that imitates estrogen.
- Eliminate plastic bottles, especially softer bottles which often contain high levels of phthalates and other compounds that mimic estrogen.
- Eliminate skin products that contain parabens and 4-MBC. Skin products are not regulated by the FDA, so we need to be careful about the ingredients in our makeup as they will likely enter our bloodstream upon application.
- Avoid or minimize consumption of fish that contain high levels of pollutants.
- Avoid dairy and meat products that have been given growth hormones.
- Avoid dryer sheets. They are loaded with xenoestrogens. Instead, use wool dryer balls which are just as effective and don’t contain harsh chemicals.
- Avoid soy protein. They contain unnaturally high amounts of plant estrogen.
- Avoid disposable menstrual products. If they are white, they most likely contain dioxins, a byproduct of bleach. Consider using
Divacup or similar reusable products.
- Eat organic foods whenever possible. Pesticides can contain xenoestrogens.